A Deadly Éclair
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
- Family is the most important thing in the world to Mimi. How did it affect you to find out her husband lied to her and left her bankrupt?
- A theme of the book could be how one moment can change your life forever. How has this twist of fate affected you personally? How did it affect Mimi?
- How did you feel about how Mimi balanced the elements of her move, her life, accepting help from a benefactor?
- Creating a credible villain is one of the writer's hardest tasks. Readers want to know the "why." Did the reasons for the victim's murder ring true? Was the killer a sympathetic character?
- Which of the secondary characters was your favorite and why?
- French cooking is a major factor of The French Bistro Mystery series. Did you find the mentions of food and the preparations of the food satisfying?
- Did you know there's a list of recipes mentioned on the website under More About the World... Which was your favorite recipe?
- Will you try the recipes included at the back of the book?
- As is common in cozy mysteries nowadays, there is also a romantic element to consider. While investigating the murder, Mimi finds herself attracted to Nash Hawke. What do you think of the romantic chemistry between Mimi and Nash? There is a rumor that Nash might be a rover. How should Mimi handle this aspect of his character? Is she wise to be cautious?
- Is there anyone else that you think Mimi should date? What would be her ideal man?
Thanks to each and every one of you for reading
A Deadly Éclair and finding the time to discuss it.
Soufflé of Suspicion
Crooked Lane Books
Back to A Deadly Éclair