A Soufflé of Suspicion
- Family is the most important thing in the world to Mimi. Do you like her relationship with her mother?
- A theme of the book could be how different siblings can be? Do you have a sibling? Are you like night and day?
- How did you feel about how Mimi balanced the elements of her life now that she is complete owner of the bistro and inn?
- Creating a credible villain is one of the writer's hardest tasks. Readers want to know the "why". Did the reasons for the victim's murder ring true? Were you upset this victim died? Was the killer a worthy adversary?
- Which of the secondary characters was your favorite and why?
- In this book, Heather adopts a litter of kittens...for a short while. And then the kittens parents sort of "adopt" Mimi as their owner. How did you feel about her allowing them into her life?
- Do you like to read about food? Which was your favorite recipe in the book?
- As is common in cozy mysteries nowadays, there is also a romantic element to consider. While investigating the murder, Mimi finds herself even more attracted to Nash Hawke. What do you think of the chemistry between her and Nash? How did you feel about Nash's ex-wife trying to fix Mimi up with someone new?
- Mimi adores her best friend Jo. What do you think Jo's role in the bistro and inn should be in the future? Should Mimi make her a partner?
Thanks to each and every one of you for reading
A Soufflé of Suspicion and finding the time to discuss it.
Note: Daryl Wood Gerber is available to talk with your book club by telephone or iChat or Skype. Please email Daryl to arrange a date and time.
Back to A Soufflé of Suspicion